Thursday, August 23, 2007

Movie Review

Not that any of you will get a chance to see this one, because no clean movie lasts very long at the theater, but Becoming Jane was a pretty good movie. I can't help but compare this movie to the fantastic, glorious, and beautiful tearjerker, Pride and Prejudice. Not to say that anyone else would cry...it is not a sad movie... it is just so touching... Alright, I am just a silly girl!! Anyway, comparing is hard to do because there is really no comparison. I always love a good English movie, but there is just something about Pride and Prejudice. The characters are just so well-spoken, and proper, and innocent, and respectful. It was nice to get a little insight into the author's life though. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like.....

7 comments:

Kristi said...

That sounds like a movie I would like to see. Not much in the movie world interests me these days...

Melissa said...

We're planning a girls night to see Becoming Jane . . . I just watched Sense and Sensibility (again). I love those kind of movies!

Leslie P. said...

Liz, First let me say that I love Pride and Prejudice! That may be on my list of all time movies! I love the new and the old version! I am with you on the old english type of movies! I would have loved to have lived back then and got to wear the dresses and ride aroung in a horse and carriage. I may have to watch either P&P or sense and sensibility tonight!

JS said...

I do know one aspect of what it would have been like to live back then... no air conditioner... though maybe they have milder weather in England than 108 for 14 days straight with no rain...

Unknown said...

So which movie was this a review of?

Kristi said...

I was wondering whose girls were there Wed night. We told them to just get into the picture anyway! They were good and added thoughtful comments.

Jenny B said...

hey! Thanks for stopping by the blog. I haven't seen you guys in probably8 years... good to hear from you, and it's so good to see you guys are doing well. You have such a beautiful family. God bless and take care!