Monday, February 16, 2009

Well, I did it!

Monica and me after the race!
She is the best, and could have EASILY smoked me if she wanted to......but she didn't!!!!
I think my HUGE smile says it all!
13.1 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to say, that was EASILY the hardest thing I have ever done. About 5 miles into it, I was thinking......I don't know if this is all I thought it was going to be.......I just don't know about this.......when is nap time????? Granted, I have only been training for less than 3 months and I probably shouldn't have ignored the days on my schedule that said 'cross train'. Also, I should have eaten something before the race! Yeah, I know that was silly!!!! All of that might have helped! And I KNOW could have been better on my diet! I guess I can call myself a runner now, and therefore I need to eat more like one!!! My official time was 2:17! If I continue to be blessed with good health I will be looking forward to more races and better times in the future!!! My marathon is in 8 weeks and I am going to do another half before then!!! I will keep you posted!!!

4 comments:

Leah said...

YAY for you!!

Chad said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. I wish I had that kind of endurance. It is everything I can do to pump out 3.25 miles right now.

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!!

Leslie said...

Way to go!!!! I am so impressed with your dedication Liz! I wish I had your kind of drive. You should be very proud of yourself.

We miss you guys!