Thursday, May 14, 2009

I am loving baseball...esp. this cutie!!!


This is James' first season of spring baseball and he loves it!
He is the lead-off batter and he gets on base every time he is up!
He is catching on quickly...I, on the other hand, do not know very much about baseball, but that has not stopped me from yelling.....um...cheering!!!
I am slowly learning the terms and Brian lets me know if I have called out, 'play is at 2nd', but in fact the play is not at 2nd. I am sure the coaches just love me!!!
Well, I am just trying to be supportive, so most of the time I stick with phrases like, '3 up, 3 down' and 'let's get this out', and 'way to watch the ball'. These usually work!
We are really enjoying the family time at the ballpark. It is just great!!!

Look at that form!Emma and Rose-just some of the adoring fans!
He is a lot more brave than I would be!
Emma is making sure James is not thirsty!!!


3 comments:

Haley said...

love the ball park! Go James Go!

Sharon said...

James is going to be awesome! He's a natural.
Mimi

Mel said...

Well, of course he's fantastic!! His Daddy teaches him well, and his mama feeds hhim right!

Give the sweetest eight year old boy a kiss from Aunt Mel!