Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Little Choked Up!





So, I am at the gym, running on the treadmill, listening to my newly downloaded songs and quite enjoying it. Dancing Queen kept me going, Super Trooper got me going a little faster, (if you can't tell, it's ABBA!!!) but then something unexpected happened. I had heard the song before, and cried my eyes out, but I thought, I am at the gym....I am running and sweating......surely it won't have the same effect on me this time!!! Well, the song starts, and 5 seconds into it, I start to breath differently, and my eyes start tearing up. Through strong will and determination, I made it through the song without slowing down, but I was determined to make Brian listen to the song when I got home, and see if he could hear it without crying. What is the song you ask? It is called 'Slippin' Through My Fingers'. It is a mom singing about her little girl growing up and.....well, I don't want to start crying again, but the song has already prompted a manicure appointment for Anna and me, a shopping trip for just us girls, and I am holding her in my lap a lot more. Sometimes it takes a song, or a poem, or someone else who has gone through it to make you realize how quickly they will be gone. I am so thankful for my little girl and I pray that I don't let our time together 'slip through my fingers'!!!!!!


5 comments:

Kristi said...

How sweet! There is a song that I love called "Watercolor ponies" - the same idea - how your children will grow so fast before you know it... If we hug them more will they grow up a little slower?

Leah said...

How sad...but so true! They just grow up too fast! How is it, btw, that you find time to work out?? I can't seem to get it together!! Anna is beautiful!

Rebecca said...

I haven't heard that song, but from what you have said, I don't know if I want to go check it out or not. When things are crazy at our house I always think of what my mom told me to think, "It isn't always going to be like this." I guess sadly, that can be said for the good times too. They grow up too fast!

Anonymous said...

I'm such a wuss! I cried just reading your email...I get it though, I'm taking Macy Kate to the beach with me this weekend and it's typically an adult only gathering...but I too recognize that the time will be gone too quickly!

Anonymous said...

It is awesome that you realize and "get" it. They grow up so fast and are out the door before you know. Trust me - We should never take anything for granted. Emmy