Friday, July 13, 2007

New name for it!!!

Well, Brian has been back in town for a few days now and we finally were able to get some yard work done today. This has been the first time we have been able to get out there in about a month so I am quite sure the neighbors were more excited about our making an appearance out there than we were. As I said before, I started "project-living room restoration" while Brian was out of town. I have to say, I got quite a bit accomplished. I painted the fireplace, painted the walls (with a little help from my friend Shannon), and even took the old crown moulding down.You should picture it. I know I am supposed to wear safety goggles while working with flying pieces of wood. Well, I do not own them, so I was donning my very darkly tinted sunglasses. Inside. While it was raining outside. It did not go unnoticed by my slightly tickled children. Anyway, that all went pretty well. I managed to get all of the unattractive moulding down, with no harm to my eyes, and I got an appointment with our contractor friend to come over and help Brian put up the new moulding. Sounds great right? Well, it didn't quite work out. Poor Anna got sick and we didn't want to pass it on, so he didn't come over. The project has come to a littlt bit of a hault. For the normal person, this would not be a big deal. But for me, well, let's just say I have changed the name of "project-living room restoration" to "project-pain in my behind"!!! We have about 200 feet of moulding sitting in our living room, and the fireplace mantle in our bedroom, and they might be there for a while. We are going out of town soon and school starts pretty soon after we get back. Oh well, it will get done one day!!! ......I am happy with the fireplace though!!!

No comments: