Wednesday, July 4, 2007

What to do!

Notice the crown moulding. Beautiful!!!
Well, it's July the 4th and Brian is out of town. What am I going to do. I know! I am gong to start our long awaited "project-living room restoration". I am so excited. Redoing things around the house has become my passion...no, obsession. I have already started this so-called restoration and it has not been without problems!!! I realized that before I could PAINT the fireplace, I had to actually SCRUB each and every soot-covered brick until my nails started to fall off. Ok, it was not that hard,but it was difficult to say the least. I am used to having a clean slate to work with. This house was built in 1969 and is definitely not a clean slate. My obsession with remodeling has rubbed off on Brian now. I can't wait until he gets home. Then we can do the crown moulding. You realize you are getting old when your favorite pastime is going to Home Depot and your favorite topic of conversation is what we are going to redo in the house next. By the way this is the before picture. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long for the after picture.

2 comments:

Teale said...

Hey Liz! I can't believe I ran across your site... it's been a while. Your kids are adorable! Hope everything is going great with all of you-- Teale

chris said...

Elizabeth, Thanks so much for starting a blog. The kids see each other far too little. We might even babysit to give y'all a night out in the big city if you come to visit. I can't get over how much the kids have all aged in just one year! Luke's personality is really developing, and Anna decided to be buddies with me on our last day! James and Brandon played together as peers for the first time. That was awsome, and I know Brandon really enjoyed it. So, block off some time, and come see us in St. Louis. With a 6-bedroom house, we can accomodate a small army!