Friday, September 14, 2007

"Do-it-yourself-edness"

Well, I just got back from my very favorite store, Home Depot. I am hoping to step up my "do-it-yourself-edness" by learning a new trade. I guess you could call it that. I am planning on putting up new door mouldings tomorrow, with Brian's help, of course. I am so excited. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight, but I can't use a saw in the dark so I might as well try to get some beauty rest while it IS dark. Speaking of BEAUTY, I got myself some gear while I was there. I decided my sunglasses weren't doing the job, so I invested in some safety goggles. They are so HAPPENIN'!!! I also need to protect my lungs, so I will also be wearing a dust mask. I might try to get Brian to take a picture of me in action. I have never cut a piece of wood before in my life, so I am a little nervous. Also, we might be able to borrow our friends nail gun, so I will really be big-timing it!! Anyway, this is another step in my "project", so, needless to say AGAIN, I am so excited!!! I am hoping that I come away from this with all 10 fingers still attached!!!..........This just in......Brian just got off the phone with our friend David, and he is letting us borrow his nail gun, compressor, and mitre saw, (brave soul). He (Brian) also said we could get all of the door mouldings AND the baseboards done tomorrow. I am literally jumping for joy, while typing!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

to use a saw and nail gun a while back while helping some with the house...it was GREAT! Have fun :)

Kristi said...

You are going to have a blast! It is always fun to learn something new - but especially when you have watched others doing it all your life - and you learn it's not all that hard! Have fun and be sure to post pictures!

Leah said...

How'd it go?? I'm on the edge of my chair! :) I told Mark the other day that if he didn't get with it was I going to teach myself to tile!! That'll be the day....

Ryan F. said...

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Let us see what you've done! Is there anything you can't do??