Saturday, June 21, 2008

A love/hate relationship!!!

Here she is...it's a love/hate relationship!!!

Well, there are only three weeks left until the triathlon! I am both excited and, well, quite nervous. The swimming and the running, I have gotten pretty comfortable with. However, I was mistaken in thinking that taking spinning classes would be adequate training for the biking part of the race. I purchased my new bike last week and was so excited.....until I actually tried to ride the 9 miles. I thought...surely this isn't the right kind of bike....I am just going too slow...why is Brian able to go faster than me...his bike is better than mine...and so on! My goal of finishing the race in about 1 and 1/2 hours quickly went to 2...maybe 2 and 1/2!!! I am hoping that adrenaline will help a little bit! I have been either swimming and running, of swimming and biking for the past couple of weeks. This has been going great..I might have even gotten a little bit of false assurance in myself. Today was the first time I actually biked and then ran right after getting off of the bike. Wow!!! I didn't even do the whole 9 miles and 3.2 miles!!! I am so excited....every time I think about it, I get a little sick to my stomach...in a good way! The best part is that Brian is going to do the triathlon with me!!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Johnston said...

You are too funny!! Sounds like you're ready....Lance Armstrong!
I wish I could do what you are doing! Maybe when my kids get a little older. Wanted to let you know we'll be at church on Sunday. We have a family reunion this weekend down there. Look forward to seeing you!

Leah said...

I just finished a cycling class at Faulkner...I FEEL your pain! Good Luck!!