Thursday, August 2, 2007

Project, "pain in my behind" update!!

Well, if you look back at the "before" picture, you can tell a little difference. This is not necessarily an "after" picture, but it is progress. Of course, the mantle is still in my bedroom and we decided to wait on the hardwood floor for now, but things are slowly coming along. I painted the new crown moulding Monday and talked to our contractor friend last night so we are getting closer to actually getting the moulding put up!!! The color that you see was suppose to be for an accent wall, but I liked it so much that I put it on all of the walls and up the stairs and in the upstairs hallway. Of course, I have only actually painted this room so far, but I have big plans for the next few days!!! The only problem is that I am pretty sure the color clashes with the pretty newly painted foyer. Oh well, I think that sounds like a new project!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good!! I too am about to venture into the world of do it yourself updating. Thanks for the comment. I hope you guys are doing well.

Kristi said...

I love the color - it makes the fireplace really pop! K

Kristi said...

I also added your blog to my blog favorites... hope that is ok! K

JS said...

Looks great! I hate painting, yet voluntarily painted the cabinets in our kitchen (looks awesome now) and stained the cabinets in the guest bathroom (again, looks awesome) yet I dread nothing more than painting. By the way, you have a major following on your bloag, lots of old schoolers.

Ryan F. said...

Hey I just discovered your blog. Nice job on the painting. I like it. Check out mine and Tammy's blogs when you get a chance. You can get to mine by clicking on my picture and you can get to Tammy's from mine.

Unknown said...

Nevermind what I said on my blog about not being able to find yours. I found it. DIY all the way!!