Friday, October 26, 2007

Getting ready for the weekend!

Well, we have a big weekend planned....again! It all starts today. I have to run too many errands to count, make a football field cake, clean my house for company, wrap presents......all along with the normal tasks such as school with the kids, dishes, laundry, and so on. Tomorrow, we have James' last soccer game. It is going to be fun. We have really enjoyed this season and have been able to see actual improvement in their skills. After the game, we are having a backyard football game at Mom and Dad's house in honor of James' birthday. He is so excited and I am too!! Mimi and Papa are coming in town for the occasion and the kids' can't wait. We also have trunk-or-treat at church Sunday night, so I have to get last minute costume items and food for that event. I woke up dark and early this morning thinking...OK,what do I do first?.....and then I slept another hour. Why is it when you have soooo many things to do, you just can't take that first step towards doing them? I think it is that I thrive on doing things last minute. No, I really don't have the time to do it any other way!!! Extra things just have to fit in where they can. It is sure to be a family-fun-filled weekend.....and I ALWAYS look forward to those.

4 comments:

JS said...

In my world, there are only 24 hours in a day? How many are in your world? I got exhausted just reading what all you have to do... super-mom-esque.

Kristi said...

Please tell the Wakefields hello from us. Hope that James' birthday is great!

Leah said...

Hope he had a great birthday! Tell him Carson says hi! Hey can anybody come for the fun Fridays? Someone told me yes, but I've been hesitant because we aren't planning to homeschool Hayes. Could you clarify?

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Happy Birthday to James!! When is his actual birthday?
How was the football game?? I bet you all had so much fun!! Who won?