Monday, January 21, 2008

Let It Snow!


We had such a great Saturday! I had just gotten home from a youth group girls' sleepover at 7:30 a.m. so I was taking a nap. Brian woke me up to the best news! "It's snowing!" I looked out the window and it wasn't those usual flakes that you have to squint to see and convince yourself it is not just a light mist.....these were real snowflakes!!! It was beautiful. So, we bundled up the kids quickly and headed outside...but not before I grabbed a cup of coffee. You see, I am not a person who really enjoys the cold. Anyway, the kids played outside for a little while...until my cup of coffee was gone... and then we all came inside and enjoyed the snow from there. I am so glad they got to see snow. That was the perfect amount for me. Just enough to enjoy it and not too much to where we would have to shovel walkways and scrape windshields and watch out for crazies on the road. We have enough of those around here without any help from the weather!!!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yea!!! I was hoping you got to see snow this weekend. I know the kids enjoyed playing in the snow!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

You have a beautiful home! I'm glad you got to see snow! It's so much fun playing in it!

Leah said...

Your house is beautiful!

Nita Holland said...

Hey girl...I found you through Elizabeth. Your family is precious!! It sounds like y'all had a fun time, we just got the rain...