Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Anna and "Annabelle"
His face says it all!!!
I bet he has his Daddy's talent!
Mom made these shawls and hats for the girls. Precious!
Eleven of the grandkids!
The Carters!
The Phillips'!
Here we are!
Mom and Dad. I love this picture!!!

We were blessed with a wonderful Christmas this year. We missed not being able to be with all of the family this year, but it just isn't possible. We are just too spread out. I sent packages all over the U.S. this year! It was nice being able to start our own traditions and to have family come to our home on Christmas Eve. We had to go out of town on the 26th and didn't get back until the 30th so it has been crazy. Brian and I went to a youth camp that Brian was on the board for. He had a lot of stress and responsibility and I am glad I could be there to help him. Thank you to Mom and Dad for watching the kids for us! I am not much help to Brian on trips when I have the kids, so this was a treat! We picked the kids up on Sunday night and were looking forward to a good night's sleep. This was not in the cards, however. We ended up taking Luke to the emergency room at 3:00 A.M. that night with the same symptoms he had over Thanksgiving. What is it about the holidays that makes Luke not be able to breathe!! They think he has asthma. It is a scary thing when your child struggles to breathe! He is now on a lot of medicine and it makes him extremely hyper! We are praying that we can keep this under control and that he eventually grows out of it. Well, here we go.....Happy New Year!!!

8 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas. Are your parents in this area now? Melanie? Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year

Leslie said...

What great pictures! We did miss ya'll this year, but I know you enjoyed spending time with your family.

Poor Luke! I am glad that the doctor prescribed a nebulizer. Give him a hug from his Aunt Leslie.

Kristi said...

My daughter has had asthmatic problems that our pediatrician thinks she will outgrow. We did the nebulizer for over a year, daily. She got into such a routine with it. The pictures are great - I have missed your updates! BTW - the mantle just makes the pictures... :)

Anonymous said...

It was an incredible Christmas! I'm naming you the Christmas Queen, you did an awesome job this year with everything.

Can you send me the pictures you took this year, so I can have them developed? Or just send me the link to where you order them from and I'll order from there.

Thanks.
Love,
Mel

Leslie P. said...

Liz, you and your sister's have the cutest kids! We need tohang out again soon. George is bot enough to where anna would really like playing with him now. He is so active these days!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Looks like ya'll had a blessed Christmas! Loved seeing pictures of all your family! I don't know how you do EVERYTHING!! Is there anything you can't do?? Ha

Leslie P. said...

ok when I said george was bot enough, I actually meant he was BIG enough. I am the worst typer ever!