Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy.....well, scary Thanksgiving!!

Brandon and James
Matthew, Luke, James, Anna, Brandon and Grant
My sweet Luke!!!
We went down to Florida last Tuesday evening for Thanksgiving and were having a great time. We woke up Thanksgiving morning and noticed that Luke was having a lot of trouble breathing. He also had a fever and a horrible cough. The weird thing was that there was no sign of this the night before. Anyway, Brian and I decided to take him to a 24 hour clinic and "thankfully" there was one open that day. Well, they gave him a breathing treatment and sent him home. When Brian walked him through the door, I said, "You have to take him back." His lips were blue and he still wasn't breathing well. Brian took him back and they gave him another breathing treatment. They checked his O2 level and it was really low. They sent him by ambulance to the hospital. I pulled up just in time to see them hooking my little baby all up to machines and he had a breathing mask on. I had to follow the ambulance but Brian did get to ride with Luke. Can you imagine how I felt? It was pretty bad. My heart was lightened a little when they rolled the bed out of the ambulance Luke said, through his wheeze and the mask,"This is fun, Daddy". I love that boy. He had everybody smiling. A few chest x-rays and several hours later, they told us it was Pneumonia. Scary. They gave us steroids and an antibiotic. Thankfully, he is doing much better now. Sometimes, we get a wake up call as to what we need to be thankful for. I am thankful for our health!!! Anyway, we did have a great time in Florida. Thanks to Steve and Leslie for putting up with us last week. We had a great time with y'all, as usual. It was great to be able to spend time with Chris and Melissa, and the boys, too. We had a really great visit.

6 comments:

Leslie P. said...

Poor little baby! I am glad that he is better and glad you guys made itback safely! We need to hang out again sometime soon! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! I'm glad he's okay! We do have SO much to be thankful for!

Tammy said...

What a scare!! If yall were close to Jacksonville you should have called! Glad things are better!!

Kristi said...

We are so glad that Luke is better! I saw Allison at the zoo Friday night, and she told us about Luke. We have prayed for him. We know what it is like to have your children in the hospital for breathing problems...

Leah said...

Bless his heart...bless your heart, no fun for Mommies to go through that either! I'm glad he's better. I love the new Christmas tradition!

Rachel said...

That is scary! I'm glad both of you are ok. I wouldn't have been able to drive I don't think.