Wednesday, November 28, 2007

An update on "happenings"

So, I took Luke for a follow-up appointment with Dr. Trumbull (who I love) and I was in for a little surprise. I told him all about Luke's symptoms and gave him the papers. He said that there is no way Pneumonia could have come on so fast. I told him that our other thought was that it could be allergies. He has always broken out in a rash when we are in different surroundings or for no reason that we can tell, and he had done this the night before. He said that was definitely it. This was both a relief and a little nerve racking. A relief because he didn't have Pneumonia, but apparently, he could just have an allergic reaction causing him to stop breathing at any time without any warning. He gave us a prescription that will help with his allergies, but I have to basically carry an inhaler with us at all times. I never know what he will have a reaction to and I still don't know what caused this one. I will just pray that he quickly outgrows this sensitivity to whatever is bothering him.......On a slightly less important note, (I hope you know I am kidding) my mantle is still not here. SHOCKER!!! I am still keeping up hope that it will be here soon!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my poor baby! you know that with that -larger-than-life personality of his, he's not going to let it slow him down any!!

Funny, I was just checking your blog today hoping to see a picture of your famous mantle. Maybe by this weekend????

See you soon.
Love,
Mel

Kristi said...

You know, I just love that group at Pediatric Healthcare. We see Dr. Simon and I just love him, too. It's good to know just what the problem was, so you are better prepared when it happens again...

Can't wait to see the mantle!

Rebecca said...

I love to come read your blogs! I was just reading back at some of these older ones and had to comment that we LOVE Dr. Trumbell too! He is wonderful! P.S. Love the mantle!!!!
Rebecca Hatcher