Thursday, November 29, 2007

A personal problem.....

I have a personal problem and it is greatly intensified this time of year. I take all of the parties, and company, and beautiful decorations, and shopping, and gift-giving as invitations to completely obsess about everything! My problem is that I am an extreme over-achiever. This, coupled with the fact that I am a huge people-pleaser is not a stress-free way to live. I just got home from a ladies' night at church and I had such a great time. There was a short devotional and the lady who spoke, used the example of filling a bowl with big rocks. Then she added pebbles. Then sand and then she added water. She said you can always add more, but you have to put the big rocks in first. We have to prioritize and realize that the little things aren't as important as we think they are. Still, I am sure that I will be spot-cleaning my horrible carpet before my family comes for dinner Saturday night, and that I will have to get my tree up and decorated before they get here. Also, I will try my hardest to get Anna's bed painted before her birthday party next Saturday .... which I am sure I will obsess about when I have time . I am crazy.....I know!!! Well, I will pray about it.....but I guess admitting that I have the problem is the first step!!!

2 comments:

Leslie P. said...

Liz you crack me up! Don't even worry about your carpet! Me and James had a good time with you guys and I would not have even noticed had you guys not pointed it out. Goerge is ready to come and play again. He misses being choked (haha).

Leslie said...

I think we all have this problem. If we only could realize that nobody notices all the little things (like spots on the carpet). I know when I go over to someones house I am there to enjoy their company, not inspect there house! Nevertheless, I am the same way. We need to both take a step back and relax a little bit. Have a good weekend and enjoy Peter Pan!