Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Trip to Helen, GA

This past weekend, our family, my parents and Allison's family went on a trip to Helen, GA. The plan was to actually see Helen. But once we saw the cabin, we decided to stay in....and around. We all stayed in a cabin together. We enjoyed the place so much that we only left once. This, one time, of course, was for a good cause...THE CABBAGE PATCH FACTORY!!! It sure did seem like a bigger deal when I was 5 years old. I don't think they have changed one thing about it since then. I am not quite sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!! No, we had a good time there. The best part of the trip was where we stayed. Brandon did a great job picking the cabin! It was nice and secluded, and there was a beautiful creek right outside. The kids just loved it! We played in the creek(well the kids did), watched football, played cards, and just had a great time. It was really great to be able to spend time with my parents and Alli and Brandon and their kids. It is good to be home though...wow, that relaxation really wears me out!!!
The Cabbage Patch Factory!
Anna and Olivia- Aren't they cute?
Priceless!!!
This bench is right by the stream. It was so nice.
My baby girl and me.
Look Mom....no hands.(and not too sure about it)
I am glad I was the picture taker!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! I remember going to the Cabbage Patch Factory! Those pictures are beautiful! Alison and Brandon's little boy looks JUST like Brandon and Darin! Looks like y'all had a great time ~ Jenny Maddox

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

Tammy said...

You have a beautiful family Liz!! Looks like a wonderful time!

Leslie P. said...

These pictures are so good! I love Luke's face in the first picture!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! They really make me miss the mountains of north Georgia, and they bring back many wonderful memories of stopping at Babyland General on our many camping trips to Vogel and Bald Mountain. It's so wonderful to see my grandchildren enjoying the same things. Maybe we can plan a trip some time -- I'd love to see Helen again. I wonder if the Christmas factor is still there?

Mom

Leslie said...

It looks like you had fun on your trip. The highlight of our Helen trip a few years ago was Babyland General as well. You're right it has not changed in 25 years! We can't wait for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to our crazy day after Thanksgiving shopping trip!

Leah said...

Your family is beautiful! Looks like a gorgeous place!!

Kristi said...

Looks like you guys had as much fun as we did in TN. The pictures are so good! I would have been holding my breath seeing my little one balancing on the tree trunk, too!
Say, do you want to be an author on another blog about the funny things our kids do? Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Luke and Brian almos thave the same look in the first pic, good family shot...
In high school and much of college (I lived in Chattanooga) any girl with a north georgia accent (Yes, there is a distinct accent to a female north georgia accent) was an immediate target for me to ask out.