Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Anna!

Lost her first tooth-May 2007
First ballet recital-May 2007
Soccer game with "coach"-May 2007
Vacation-July 2007
April-2006 Vacation- 2007
New Earrings!- Today
( I sure wish we would have gotten a digital camera when she was a baby! Oh well, we are up with the times....for now!)
Wow! My baby girl is 6 years old. Many different people have told me how quickly it goes by, but you really don't understand until it happens to you. I know my children are still young, but I am definitely getting a little taste of it. Last week, we watched some of our home videos from when James and Anna were little. It just made me cry to see how big they have gotten. My thought was I hope I savored every minute of it. I know I will think the same thing five years from now, when I watch the home videos we are making now. (which are not many) I like pictures more than videos. It is much easier to look at pictures of my babies, than to hear their sweet voices and see them in action. It did help me realize that it is so important to spend time and cherish every moment with our children.. They are such blessings!!! Anyway, Anna wanted to get her ears pierced for her birthday, so we took her to the mall. I think I was more nervous than she was. She was so brave. She just held the little teddy bear and squeezed my hand. She never ceases to amaze me. I don't know what I would do without my Anna......she is such a sweetheart and I am proud and blessed to be her "mama".

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday, Anna! We love you! Hope you had a great birthday!

Aunt Melissa, Uncle Chris, Brandon and Matthew

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Anna.

Anonymous said...

She is growing up too fast. She is still our precious Anna, though. What more could we ask for? We are so blessed to have her!

Give her a big hug and kiss for me.

Love you,
Mel

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sweetie.

I love you.

papa

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to my FAVORITE granddaughter! The earrings are beautiful -- just like you!

I love you --
Mimi

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Anna! I can't believe you are growing up so fast! I love your earrings and can't wait to see them!

Love,
Aunt Leslie, Uncle Steve, and Grant

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday! I just loved your sentiments - especially when you said you just hoped you have savored every minute... just touched my heart!