Thursday, December 13, 2007

A visit with Santa and some GREAT news!




First of all, the kids had their annual visit with Santa last Sunday. Luke was not too happy about the whole thing. He was fine and actually liked the experience last year, but you know what they say about getting older and wiser....Anyway, he was crying and I didn't think he would go up there, but Anna and James came to the rescue. You can always count on siblings! After he saw Santa, he kept saying over and over as if to convince himself,"Santa not scary!" It was really cute!
And the good news is...........................I finally got my mantle!!!!!!!!
I still have to prime it, fill in nail holes, sand it, and paint it with a few coats of semi-gloss paint, but I am so excited. Of course, this will all take place BEFORE Christmas......what else do I have to do!? Yeah right. I am about to go crazy with all of the things I have to do (just like everyone else, I am sure) but there is always time for a 'project'!!! Especially one I have been waiting on for so long, and waiting very patiently, I might add!!!! Anyway, hooray for the mantle!!!

7 comments:

Leslie P. said...

your mantle is lovely! I kinda miss the fall Garland but Oh well I guess it doesn't really go with the red and green! That is funny about Luke saying that about santa because he kept saying the same thing about George......"George not scary!". He is cute!

Anonymous said...

I love your mantle! Do you mind me asking where you got it? We're looking for one for the new house. Have a great day!

Liz said...

Jenny, our friend David Schofield ordered it for us and I am not quie sure where he got it. Let me know and I can give you his number!

Kristi said...

Ah - the mantle is gorgeous! I just love it! And, don't the stockings hang so nicely?.... You should be quite proud!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Your mantle looks great!! I'm so happy for you! I wish we had one especially during Christmas time. It's hard to figure out where to hang the stockings.
I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are all so beautiful!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Hey girl! I don't have your email address. Email me yours: mitchliz@otelco.net
Good to hear from you! We will be in Montgomery the Sunday before Christmas (23rd). Hope to see you!

Leah said...

Love the new mantle and the picture of the kids!