Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I finally have a little bit of a breather!!!

Last week, Brian and I went on a youth trip over to West Virginia. We went skiing!!! We had a really nice time in the snow. I like those short trips to where it is cold. They really confirm my feelings about living in the south....I am thankful for the warmth. Brian, and pretty much everyone else did a lot of skiing. It took me, however, until after lunch on the last day to muster up the courage to go down a real slope. Up until then, the bunny slope was still pretty much owning me!!! Brian said I wasn't 'committing to my turns and stops'. Oh well, I don't have a problem admitting when I am not good at something....However, if I lived close to the slopes, maybe......Ha!!! Anyway, it was nice, after I got over the sheer terror of it all!!! Well, we got home on Friday night. We had a family day with the kids on Saturday and went to see Horton Hears A Who. It was cute, but I was actually expecting better. I liked the musical more! Sunday was Easter and was pretty low key. It was nice. Brian got some yard work done and it is starting to look 'springy' outside. Since then, I have been preparing to teach a ladies' class for this Wednesday night. I don't know why I signed up to teach. I know fully well that public speaking is not one of the talents that God has blessed me with. I get so nervous that I either get sick, or laugh my way through. I have really enjoyed the study, though. Please pray for me that I can get what I have been studying across to them. I hope everyone had a nice Easter!!!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! What a busy week. I am glad you had a great trip. The kids look so cute in their Easter clothes. Tell James I think he is very handsome in his suit!

Anonymous said...

Finally! I have been waiting for more pictures of my Wakefields!

What priceless expressions on their little faces when they see what they got in their Easter baskets.

I'm proud of you for skiing, even if you weren't "committed." You may be assured that I will never ski down a "real slope."

Glad you're back safely. I want to hear all about your lesson.

I love you soooo much!
Mel

Chad said...

I am sure you will do great teaching.

Michelle said...

I totally understand the teaching thing. I do better with young people and don't think I could EVER teach adults! I remember that you were in my speech class w/ Stephen Elrod. You did a speech on how to make ice tea and the water spilled all over the floor. I think we all laughed through that one. I did absolutely horrible in speech, poor Terry did his best to help me, but there is only one public speaker in our family, maybe two with Bo!

Leah said...

Sounds like fun...the kids look really cute...I heard the movie wasn't great too!