Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Well, it is over!

Tonight, I taught the ladies' class at church. I can tell how strong the power of prayer is because amazingly, I didn't even get a sick stomach at all today. I studied and knew pretty well what I was talking about. I actually enjoyed speaking to all of the wonderful women in the class. It was nice to look out and see their sweet, reassuring faces. I did, of course warn everyone that I was not blessed with the ability for public speaking....I didn't want it to be a shock to them. After class was over, several of the women came up to me and said I was wrong about my ability and I did a wonderful job. It feels really nice to overcome a fear and feel like I have done something meaningful. Thank you for all of your prayers today.

6 comments:

Leah said...

Good for you! I don't have that ability!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad it went well!! I wish I could have been there to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Nobody doubted but you, Lizzy! You are a great speaker! I can't wait to get the details.
Love,
mel

Kristi said...

Good job! Doesn't it feel good to do something you were so scared to do?

Rebecca said...

Godd for you. You have more courage than I will ever have!

Unknown said...

Check Leah's blog......

overcoming fear of public speaking = GETTING OLD!!!

Take from a 30-year old, things that used to frighten you just aren't as scary any more. Next thing you know, you'll be running for public office or hosting a talk show. Look out Oprah!